Commis Chef Position
An exciting opportunity to be part of the team at The Black Swan inn. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate individual to join our existing kitchen team.
Working alongside our award winning head chef who has extensive Rosette & Michelin experience having worked for the likes of Jason Atherton, Marcus Wareing, Galvin Brothers & Rick Stein, the standard of knowledge & training will be unsurpassed in this area.
Having held 2 Rosettes for 10 years as head chef in previous roles, we will not be chasing accolades. The food style will be centred around quality, depth of flavour, great techniques, no style over substance, only honest, customer focused dining with a sense of fun & uncompromised standards. Ever evolving our offer to current trends and only cooking with passion, not just for inspectors which we believe is the best way to be.
The role will include -
- Assisting in food preparation
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meat and fish
- Assisting the other chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation and cleaning
- Contributing to the maintenance of all kitchen & food safety standards
Extensive training will be provided with an industry leading e-learning platform, supplier visits and great connections within the industry.
Applicants must have -
- A passion and eagerness to learn
- The ability to adapt
- A great attitude and friendly demeaner
- Own their own chef whites and knives
- Team player qualities
- Flexibility with shift patterns
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel to & from work / have their own transport
Food safety, stock rotation and product training will all be provided, along with all other kitchen management systems.
If you think you have what it takes to join our friendly kitchen team, we would love to hear from you.
Kitchen Porter / Assistant Position
We are looking for hardworking, reliable and committed Kitchen Porters to become part of our new team. If you have an eye for detail, or wish to experience an entry level role in a professional kitchen with the potential for career progression, this could be the perfect job for you.
Duties will include -
- Collect & wash of pots, pans, plates & cutlery.
- Wash & disinfect kitchen appliances, walls and floors.
- Making sure equipment is stored correctly.
- Remove & recycle waste.
- Pack away delivery.
- Work within industry health & safety standards.
Partial uniform will be provided.
We have a variety of hours available, both full and part time. If you think you have what it takes to join our friendly kitchen team, we would love to hear from you.
Front of House / Bar Supervisor
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking front of house Supervisor to help us lead our new team. Working closely with all teams, you will be responsible for creating an exciting work atmosphere and leading daily operations to "bring it altogether" ready for service.
The role will include -
- Overseeing daily services - and always leading from the front
- Overseeing our booking systems - assisting with table management & room bookings
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Working closely and communicating with our kitchen, housekeeping and management team at all times
- Monitoring performance of junior team
- Assisting with the management of health & safety
- Working a range of shifts - evenings & weekends included (however we are very happy to work around life commitments where we can)
- Handling cash / cashing up at the end of the night
Our ideal candidate will have -
- Previous supervisor experience within the industry.
- Excellent communication & people management skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Great attention to detail.
- A friendly manner.
- A positive "can do" attitude.
- A willingness to learn - with the potential to progress into an Assistant Manager role.
- Ability to travel to & from work / have own transport.
- Team player abilities
If you think you have what it takes to join us, we would love to hear from you.
Full / part time role available - Competitive rates of pay
Bar / Waiting Team Members
We are also looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, customer focused individuals to become part of our lovely front of house team. Working closely with the kitchen, our small, friendly team will be the heart of what we do so customer excellence is a must.
Experience is preferred but not essential as long as you have a great "can do" positive attitude. We have a variety of roles available, both full and part time. If you think you have what it takes to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.