Commis Chef Position
An exciting opportunity to be part of the team at The Black Swan inn. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate individual to join our existing kitchen team.
Working alongside our award winning head chef who has extensive Rosette & Michelin experience having worked for the likes of Jason Atherton, Marcus Wareing, Galvin Brothers & Rick Stein, the standard of knowledge & training will be unsurpassed in this area.
Having held 2 Rosettes for 10 years as head chef in previous roles, we will not be chasing accolades. The food style will be centred around quality, depth of flavour, great techniques, no style over substance, only honest, customer focused dining with a sense of fun & uncompromised standards. Ever evolving our offer to current trends and only cooking with passion, not just for inspectors which we believe is the best way to be.
The role will include -
- Assisting in food preparation
- Cooking and preparing elements of high quality dishes
- Preparing vegetables, meat and fish
- Assisting the other chefs
- Helping with deliveries and restocking
- Assisting with stock rotation and cleaning
- Contributing to the maintenance of all kitchen & food safety standards
Extensive training will be provided with an industry leading e-learning platform, supplier visits and great connections within the industry.
Applicants must have -
- A passion and eagerness to learn
- The ability to adapt
- A great attitude and friendly demeaner
- Own their own chef whites and knives
- Team player qualities
- Flexibility with shift patterns
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel to & from work / have their own transport
Food safety, stock rotation and product training will all be provided, along with all other kitchen management systems.
If you think you have what it takes to join our friendly kitchen team, we would love to hear from you.
Kitchen Porter / Assistant Position
We are looking for hardworking, reliable and committed Kitchen Porters to become part of our new team. If you have an eye for detail, or wish to experience an entry level role in a professional kitchen with the potential for career progression, this could be the perfect job for you.
Duties will include -
- Collect & wash of pots, pans, plates & cutlery.
- Wash & disinfect kitchen appliances, walls and floors.
- Making sure equipment is stored correctly.
- Remove & recycle waste.
- Pack away delivery.
- Work within industry health & safety standards.
Partial uniform will be provided.
We have a variety of hours available, both full and part time. If you think you have what it takes to join our friendly kitchen team, we would love to hear from you.